Thursday, March 1, 2007

Flying Kites

Yesterday, Ashley and Kailyn went to Walmart to get something with their money and Ashley picked out a kite. It was a very cheap kite and I told her it would probably only last one flight. But, she insisted that she wanted to get it - so we bring it home but it was way too windy. Today we were able to fly it and it was actually successful. My experience with flying kites (mom and dad forgive me if you spent lots of time and money on flying kites) is Robb and Chris would take me out in the field with their kite and tell me to throw it in the air and they would take off running as fast as they could only to have the kite fall quickly to the ground - usually breaking it. I was excited that it worked and is actually still in one piece to fly again.

P.S. Ashley is concerned that you can't tell it is a barbie kite from the pictures so, FYI it is a barbie kite.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such a great mom (and dad...I did notice Aaron flying in there!)! Jeron asked if he could make a kite like they did on Bernstein Bears with his dad. I was glad he asked to do it with his dad and am secretly hoping he forgets! I think I could manage buying one...?

Anonymous said...

I want to fly kite too. If I shut gate can I come fly kite?

Kim said...

Heidi - It was a whole dollar and like I said - it flew great and is still in one piece. Of course we would like to get a nicer one that we don't have to be so careful with, but it served its purpose for Ashley.

nettie said...

we almost bought a kite at costco the other day...it looked like a really nice one. Maybe we will go back and get one, this looks fun.

Jessica said...

I love kites! We all have kites in my family (even Elliot and I) and last spring I would make them all come with me on Sundays to fly them.

Kim said...

all weekend Kailyn keeps saying, "mom I really should have got a kite!" My heart goes out to her and how can I not go get her her own kite?!

Anonymous said...

that's funny. what did kailyn end up getting with her money?

Brandon said...

Jamie,

You're wierd.

Kim said...

Kailyn got a little doodlebear - which probably wasn't all she thought it would be - it takes her about one minute to fill the bear up with marker and I only do laundry about once a week so She doesn't get to write on it like she thought she would.