This past few weeks have been manure hauling time. I love it because the girls can go ride with Aaron and they love it cause they get to be with Aaron and hang out at the dairy, etc. The other day we all five squished into a truck - gross, I know but I think Wyatt liked it a lot - and we all showered - so it was all good.

When they are in the truck with Aaron, Aaron makes up songs. One of the songs goes like this. . .We were riding in the manure truck one day - HEY HEY
When a big, fat, ugly cow got in the way - HEY HEY
Ashley reached to honk the horn,
Then the cow ran in the corn
We were riding in the manure truck one day - HEY HEY!
A couple of days ago we were riding in the car and Kailyn out of nowhere says, "I wish I could be a big, fat, ugly cow." I said, "Why?" Kailyn, "So that I can get in the way." It made me laugh - she says it so serious and always when you don't expect it.
Second of all, I still can't believe what a good sleeper Wyatt is! Everytime I put him down for a nap when he is wide awake and I see his little eyes start to droop I get sooooo excited becaus I know that he is going to fall asleep all on his own! To some of you moms out there that are pros this is nothing, but for me I am so grateful that sleep is finally working with a baby. I believe that it is three things 1) I really think that some babies just come to this world more willing to sleep than others. 2) I read and am reading a great sleep book that has taught me some things that I didn't know - it is called, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. and 3) He has to have his puppy, Scrappers and his soft blankie next to his face so he can bury his eyes into them and go to sleep!

Scrappers used to be Kailyn's but I noticed that Wyatt really liked to cover himself with his soft blanket and I didn't like that he would cover his face and then not know how to pull the blanket off his face so I went in search of a soft stuffed animal and found scrappers. I asked Kailyn if he could use it and she said that he could as long as he didn't suck on him. I said that I wouldn't let him and she agreed. About a week later Kailyn said to me - Mom its okay if he just keeps Scrappers, because then he can suck on him. So after that, everyone was happy.
Okay, I promise I am almost done - Yesterday was such a fun spring day. We were able to get started on our lawn, atleast get the manure spread and I sprayed for the first time, yeah! Weeds are not my friends and they will really not like me after this spring. Also, Wyatt had his first playtime outside. We went for a walk in the stroller that was quickly thwarted by about 5 dogs (very funny sight with two little girls jumping off their bikes and running to the mom screaming, who is trying to keep the dogs from eating the baby, etc.) and went for a ride in the wagon.


I love warm, sunny days!
9 comments:
Aaron steal song from me. Carmello make up song first, and Aaron steal. If big fat vaca no move, I just bump with truck.
I know I've said this before, but your kids are so funny. You've got some good stories, I hope you are writing them down (somthing I should do). Wyatt is getting so big... what a cutie!
I hear you about how wonderful good sleepers are! Mylie is such a good sleeper too, which I am so greatful for beause Abbey still isn't. I have read that book and still get it out about every 6 months for help with Abbey's horrible sleep problems. (It has helped at times, but them she falls back into her old routine, or maybe I do)I'm still convinced though, that no matter what I would have done with her as a baby she still wouldn't be a good sleeper, it's not her personality.
By the way, I think Aaron is Carmello. Whoever it is, he's funny!
I got the book when Kailyn was a year old and I have tried it with her and i am probably not consistent cause I couldn't get it to work with her. She is still so hard to get to sleep/get enough sleep. She sleeps good at night - well sometimes, but I think she still needs a nap and she won't take one so a lot of the time she is overtired!
...and the nominee's for this year's Sorensen Song of the Year are:
1) Manure Truck, by Aaron Sorensen
2) Americans in the Crowd, by Cody Sorensen
3) Charlotte's Web (aka There Must be Something More to Us), by Kailyn Sorensen
4) Cha-i-a-i-a Sip Your Pero, by the Sorensen Sisters
4) So Long, Farewell, by Abbey, Kailyn and Ashley
And the winner is...
actually Chai-ia-aia sip your pero is a Mandy and Stacy original...
I love your kids kim, they are so funny! Sometimes I feel like a big fat ugly cow...
my vote goes to:
Charlotte's Web by Kailyn
it's good to grow up in fallon...
Nettie,
To qualify for Sorensen Song of the Year, the artist can be the performer, not necessarily the original composer. Unless you think that Abbey, Kailyn, and Ashely possibly wrote some of the soundtrack for The Sound of Music.
But my vote is still for Americans in the Crowd.
Okay...I guess you have to be a Sorensen to vote, as the rest of us haven't heard all of the songs. Even so, I would still vote for Kailyn just because she's so darn cute and she is such a great hummer.
Since I posted my comment about the book on the wrong blog...sorry about that...I will repeat...every parent should read Healthy Sleep Habits...and don't give up on your not so great sleepers! Jadee didn't start out to be a very great sleeper. She didn't sleep through the night till after nine months. But now...we're talking 11-12 hours a night, baby! Her mom is so thankful. Thanks, Dr. Weissbluth!
For additional comments on this blog...see above. I'll try to get it right from now on!
Post a Comment