Monday, August 27, 2007

Fancy


The other day the girls were eating a snack.

Kailyn: Mom I am marrying my boyfriend tomorrow.
Me: Oh really. Well, wouldn't he be your fiancee?
Ashley is nodding and mumbling uh-huh
Kailyn: No, he is just my boyfriend, but we are getting married.
Me: Well, when you have a boyfriend, after awhile if he asks you to marry him then he becomes your fiancee. (For some reason this subject came up many times when Rob and Mary were engaged - so Ashley knew what I was talking about)
Kailyn: Was dad your 'fancy'?
Ashley: Giggles and then, yup, he was!
Kailyn: Kind of frustrated - i'm marrying my boyfriend tomorrow!
Me: Okay,wait a minute, we do not need to be talking about boyfriends because you don't need to worry about that until your like 18.
Kailyn: MOM, I'M 20!

I swear these guys NEVER quit pretending!

10 comments:

nettie said...

LOL! these girls are so funny...

Kim said...

nettie - did you leave that comment at 5:30 your time or our time?

Mary said...

Harry Hampster.

nettie said...

it was probably 530 your time...i don't think i was up at that time.

Anonymous said...

what is harry hampster?

Brandon said...

"... and the winner of the most random comment ever posted to any blog is..."


Mary - either that is some inside joke that I don't get (which it probably is), or you should be the next Ms. South Carolina...

Mary said...

Kim will have to explain it. We have that "we're the only daughter-in-laws" sisterhood bonding thing together.

Anonymous said...

LOL brandon...
Ms. South Carolina rules

Brandon said...

Mary,

c'mon. Clue us all in on your little 'Harry Hampster' thing. I would look on Google, but I'm truly afraid of what would the results of that search would be.

Mary said...

No I'm not going to tell you what it means. This is the only thing I have on you. You always have your little jokes about things and I don't know what you're talking about, so I think it's your turn now.