Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Ballerina


Kailyn's first day of ballet was last Thursday.  She is definitely in her element in dance class.  I think she was in heaven the entire time.

She gets to be in the same class with two of her best friends - Ellie and Emily.
Ashley and Kailyn are so different.  When I first put Ashley in ballet she cried the first day, and several times after that.  She didn't perform in her recital - she was in my arms crying the entire time.  So this time I gave her the choice of baseball in the spring or ballet - she didn't even hesitate she wanted baseball.  The second Kailyn walked in to ballet I could tell that she could barely contain herself.  Then, when they did their own little dance around the circle and she was told that she could bow/curtsy afterwards, I knew her little mind was just planning the perfect curtsy.  It was so fun to watch her!


9 comments:

Jeanne Garner said...

It is so cute to have children and see them develop into real people with their own likes and dislikes. I love it when they find their own talent.

nettie said...

cute! I am thinking about putting morgan in a dance class, but I'm a little worried she'll be like ashley...

She dances around the house all day long, so I really need to get her into something.

Emily said...

How fun! What a perfect fit for her. I bet it's so fun to watch.

Kelli said...

so did kailyn have a good bow/curtsy?

jamie k said...

awesome! i love it. that is so kailyn.

kelli, i guess you didn't watch the video...

Kelli said...

hey the video wasn't there...now it is...very good cursty!

Terry and Cathryn said...

Oh how precious. What a doll. She looks sooooo grown up.

Heidi said...

Kailyn, you are beautiful! That was a very ballerina-like curtsy. Nicely done.

Kim, my favorite part of the whole video was your laugh in the background...it spoke a thousand words to me!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

I LOVE it! Kailyn you are too cute. Thanks for being such a great friend to Ellie & Emily. They adore you :)