Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Events

My parents came to visit a couple of days before Christmas. It is so nice when they come to visit and the girls love it. . . One night, my mom brought out a package from Stacy (in Korea) and shared some of the candy with us. It all tasted pretty good, until we tried the sweet potato candy and it was NASTY!

We also played with some bells that my mom brought. We played silent night - the girls thought it was the coolest thing ever. We did get better as we practiced, but this is probably the best video I have of it.



This is how Santa left our front room.Ashley and Kailyn received their dollhouse. I bet Santa was so happy, because they played with it nonstop for two days. This has probably been one of our funnest Christmases because we got some fun presents to play with.

This is the group that watched us open our presents.
Needless to say, Ashley and Kailyn were thrilled with everything. This Christmas there was no crying or time taken to warm up to everything. There was excitement from the moment they woke up.



Here is a video of the girls and their dollhouse. Notice Ashley's comments in the background. Once she had the furniture set up she couldn't handle if anything was moved. We are working on it.


Since Christmas day, we have enjoyed hanging out and playing games with family, playing on the computer with our new ilife software and the girls have been able to play in the snow - yes even here in Fallon (that is for a later post!). We hope all had a wonderful Christmas and know that we missed those who weren't here!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fuN! ashley made me laugh soooo hard. that's really funny. my mom said that ashley could hardly wait to leave her house on christmas day so she could go back and play with her toys at her own house. and i love the bells--that looks like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

The doll house looks great. What a fun toy. It was so fun to be there for a few days, so glad we could come. We enjoyed it all so much.

Emily said...

First of all, I love those bells, they look so fun!

Second, that's a cool doll house. I also love the little people garage. Maybe one day we'll have a boy so we can get the garage.

Third, I love the picture where everyone looks like they just woke up, hair a mess, people in pj's, Mary with glasses on... and then there's mom who looks like she's been up for hours with her hair perfect and all dressed.

nettie said...

oh, I want some of those bells...
emily I was thinking the same thing...it looks like mom got up and got all showered.

next time we come visit can we pull out the penny's and play with the garage? (emily, I don't think you have to have boys to have a little people garage. I would buy it for Morgan.)

Ashley cracked me up...you can hear her groan everytime something is moved. this dollhouse looks FUN!

Anonymous said...

How fun is this?! It is not hard to tell when those girls are excited, and when they a little frustrated. I thought Grandma was pretty cute too!! Happy New Year.

Brett said...

Great videos. I love the bells, and the dollhouse looks great!

Teri said...

Hey you guys! This is Teri Watkins (Peterson.) Thanks so much for sending a Christmas card and having a blog. I have been wanting to get in touch with you! Your kids are adorable. I had no idea you had 3! How fun! Hopefully you see this comment. I would love to stay in touch. We are in Arizona again. We have moved 3 times in like 2 years. Here is my blog www.w-family.blogspot.com come and check us out too! Merry Christmas.

Heidi said...

I can't wait for the girls to get together to play dollhouse...I am so like Ashley...maybe she could come play with our dollhouse with me and Jadee could come play with Kailyn?!

I LOVE the bells...where do we get a set?

I didn't get a Christmas card...am I slipping in the ratings?

Brandon said...

Warning to Santa:

If you so much as come NEAR my house with those bells, a reindeer gets it. I'll be eating a Blitzen burger shortly thereafter.

Dacia said...

Kaitlyn is sitting on my lap and loved the photos of the doll house. I love seeing all of you! It was great talking to you - Kevin offered to babysit and said he thinks that will be easiest. I am still going to talk to our Home Teachers. I will let you know what I find out.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday) ashley! Have you lost your tooth yet?

Brandon said...

Your last two posts were titled Christmas Eve happenings! and Christmas Events, respectively.

I'm patiently awaiting Martin Luther King Day Occurances. Bring it on!

Brandon said...

...at this pace, you'll never make MLK Day. How about shooting for Groundhog's Day Adventures?

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Okay- so Aaron and Kim who is the other Brandon in your blog life? J/K... He actually sounds a lot like my Brandon! Love the doll house and the bells. Miss you guys lots (you know you live so far away)

Teri said...

You have been tagged. Check out my blog on
www.w-familylife.blogspot.com to see how it is done.