It has been a while, so in one blog I am going to overview our eventful last couple of weeks.
The dairy is putting in a new corral and they have been pouring cement. It has been so exciting for the girls to watch and be a part of. They put their hand prints in it right here.
These are the guys working.
And there is very seldom an event that takes place where the girls do not incorporate it into their play. They are free drawing on the computer at nickjr.com. and I hear them saying, "make sure to get the cement all of the way to the edges, and we have draw our hand prints in it, . . . " It made me laugh.
While I was gone shopping, the girls went with Aaron to pour cement. I guess they were running up and down the cement and Ashley couldn't tell the difference before she stepped in the new cement. The guys were all busy with the cement truck and couldn't come rescue her, so all the sudden they hear these screams - if you have ever heard Ashley scream like this, you would think that her foot had fallen off. Finally, Matt (thanks) was able to get away and pull her out. After she got all rinsed off, she told Aaron not to tell me. Well, I found out and so the next morning I asked Ashley how the cement went. She said she didn't want to talk about it. I asked Kailyn and she kept changing the subject. I said, I just want to hear about the cement - Kailyn finally says, "Mom, I don't want to talk about it or I might accidentally tell you what Ashley stepped in." It was so hard to not start laughing, but I just asked her what she was talking about and Ashley finally shared her story. . .It was pretty funny.


A couple of weeks ago I got my first free day since Wyatt was born. Aaron volunteered to watch the kids (after I explained my plan) for all day and I headed to Reno to shop with Heidi.
I had my first real Starbucks. Question: What is mocha? Is it really coffee or is it just a chocolate flavoring. The guy at Starbucks said it had no coffee at all in it, but then when I tell people what I had they all raise their eyebrows and say, "oh, really?" I am just curious.
We ate at Olive Garden. You can see our delicious Black Tie Mouse something on the table. It was so nice to just eat - I got to sit down and eat immediately following the arrival of my food. It was very fun. My trips to Reno this past year have pretty much involved either 2 scenarios. 1) We have all the kids with us and after about 1 store they have all had it and I have had it and we only go to the stores we absolutely have to and once we are there we split up and as fast as we can, grab what we need and get out and get home. 2) We leave the kids, but I don't want to leave Wyatt too long so we go the temple and then only hit the stores we absolutely have to and once we get there we only go to what we need and get out and get home.
Here is my scenario with Heidi - I got to go in stores and BROWSE! There were no time restraints, I could actually MEANDER around the stores! I could think about my purchases and stand there for a while and weigh the pros and cons! It was definitely a trip I needed and it really boosted my spirits to come home and enjoy being a mom.
This is just a cute picture of Wyatt hanging out in Kailyn's new car seat watching a movie.
We headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving on Tuesday. My mom and dad had a birthday party for Kailyn the night we got there. It was fun to have a birthday party with all of the cousins present.
Kailyn received a gaggle of dress up shoes (okay only 6) but she was thrilled with them!
Kailyn is so fun to have a party for - she was so excited about everything. When she walked in and saw balloons, she threw up her hands and said, "Even balloons!" She enjoyed being the center of attention - which doesn't happen very often for her.
My weird brothers got a hold of my camera.
It was so fun to hang out with everyone. Chantel, my cousin, joined us for the weekend. She is hilarious and I kept thinking it was Dacia, the mannerisms were so similar and it made me miss hanging out with her! On a side note, my brother Devin got engaged this weekend to a fabulous girl, Erin (I knew it was meant to be from the start, her dad's name is even Bryan). Congrats, Devin.
Thanksgiving day was fun, a little crazy, but fun. My whole family was there along with two of my aunts and uncles. The food was delicious - Thanks mom and dad for all of your hard work!
We spent the rest of the weekend in Utah, but I don't have any documentation of that - it was fun though. Aaron was able to enjoy the BYU/Utah game - Go BYU!
11 comments:
I don't know what Mocha is, but next time you go to Starbucks get the double Chocolate Chip Frappachino!! Its the BEST thing there and has no coffee!! Jeff and I's favorite
So, do these Mocha's and double Chocolate Chip Frappachino things tast like coffee? Or are they more like hot chocolate/chocolate milk!
I got the double chocolate chip Frappachino - it was very tasty. It doesn't taste like coffee - I don't think anyway, but it does have mocha in it.
First of all...
Repent, Ye Sinners!
Secondly, I guess I'm just "one of Emily's girls"????
I'm loving Kailyn's cement pouring outfit. She looks like fancy nancy. And all those shoes! Morgan would be in heaven. We need to come visit so she can try them on.
Your trip to reno sounds delightful.
The weather must be warm, the outside pics make it look like summer.
I offered to get a babysitter last time we all went out to dinner, but you said no.
I love it! I was so jealous of Shantel, she said it was great. Kevin and I were reminscing last night and I remembered working at the cafeteria at Ricks and then I remembered you did too. OH THE MEMORIES!!!! I want to call you and hear about everything, hopefully it will be sooner than later. And also, Nauvoo is only 6 hours from here - when is the wedding - wouldn't that be the best to get to be there too!!!
I think mocha is coffee plus chocolate. Don't worry kim, I will visit you in the here after.
Let me clear this up once and for all...I have officially done the research and I can put all the worries to bed: A Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Blended Creme, which is what Kim and I had on our little shopping day, DOES NOT have mocha or any coffee or coffee flavoring in it. The ingredients are as follows: rich chocolate, chocolate chips, milk, ice, whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. All that chocolate does provide 25 mg of caffeine boost. It's about like drinking a double chocolatey glass of milk!
Kim...I don't think the fine gentleman who served us had any idea what he was talking about!
Heidi, if that were the only thing kim enjoyed with "mocha" we could put this to rest ;)
Yeah, I think I heard that beer is OK, too - as long as its 'light beer'.
And they look the other way on cigarettes, too - if they have filters.
Post a Comment