Saturday, we went to a friend's home on the river and spent the day visiting, boating and enjoying the outdoors. They had a beautiful setup in their yard - Tons of trees and grass for shade and outdoor games.
I didn't think it would be possible for me to get up on a ski, but Chad's boat is the best boat I have ever skied behind and made it soooooo easy!
Wyatt did pretty good - he missed his sisters, but loved playing with all of his cousins. We tried to get Wyatt to crawl, the most successful would have been my cousin Laura, tempting him with homemade ice cream. He still didn't really crawl, just somehow got closer each time.
On Sunday, we had an amazing meeting with the family - great talks and great singing and an awesome video by Chris. We got to hear some great words from Grandma - "Live life and make it beautiful!" I think that is a great way to describe how Grandma has lived her life. . .
This weekend was one of those that you hate to see end, but grateful for the little bit of time we all had to get reacquainted with each other. Thanks mom and dad for the great times!!!!
7 comments:
It was a great time. The onl thing I wish was tht we had more time with those we don't see often. Kim, do you have pictures of the girls skiing?
It 'was' a fun weekend. We loved having you here Kimmy but we really really missed Aaron, Ashley and Kailyn. Can't wait for next weekend!!!!
p.s. You did look awesome skiing:-)
That was so fun, I love our family! Seeing pics of Laura makes me wish I'd stayed until they showed up though.
What a cute dog Grandma is holding! Where did she find that?
The dog is Kaylie's. Kevin and Laura's oldest. It was fun to see Grandma holding her. Jeanne - I do have pictures of Abby skiing - I have a video of it, too. I will send them to you!
Jealousy is raging out here... ;-) I really wish Erin & I could have been there, it looks like you all had a great time.
I wish we could have made it work out but maybe next summer. THANKS FOR THE BLOG - it made me SUPER homesick for Garners but it was fun getting to read and see photos. YOU ARE AWESOME KIMMY and you looked SO good waterskiing! Hot mama!!!
Post a Comment