Today is my dad's birthday and as I have thought about him today and how grateful I am to be his daughter I thought I would take some time to thank my dad for everything he has done for me.

Thanks for all the fun times growing up. I know that you thought it was really important that we work hard but you also taught us that it was important to have fun. Thanks for teaching me how to water-ski and snow ski. Thanks for all the fun vacations and times we spent together as a family. Thanks for all of the biking trips in Sun Valley and the camping and fishing trips.
Thanks for teaching us the importance of family and how we all need to support each other. Thank you for taking SOO much time to help us out - helping in the yard, babysitting (I remember you babysat Ashley once when she was like 9 months old for atleast two hours so mom and I could go do something - I think she cried quite a bit, but you were still 'glad you could do it'), painting - you are always thinking of how you can make things easier for everyone.
You are so good about showing how you care - thanks for coming to look for me when I was just a little late for curfew (I know I was mad but I still knew you cared for me). Thanks for getting me flowers when I had recitals and a new dress at Christmas and Easter.
Dad, you are one of those people that do so much it is impossible to ever feel that it can be made up to you - but know that I am grateful for everything and am so glad that you are my dad!
Happy Birthday!
8 comments:
Wow. That is so nice. I'm the lucky one to have such wonderful daughters and sons who are the best. Thanks Kimberly.
We can now see why she is the favorite child ;) I totally forgot it was dad's birthday, so Dad if you read this, I helped kim right everything above... well maybe not but I can agree with her...except on the late for curfew part...all I got when I was late for curfew was 3 days in solotary...again we know who the favorite is.
Also kim, why do you always take pictures of me that make me look like I have serious issues. Again thanks for showing me in my best light. I look like I am half awake, or have drunk, and I can't get that stinking chip in my mouth quick enough.
Who is the chick on the left in blue, and did she go to Utah State? She looks very familiar, but I can't quite place it.
By the way, welcome to bloghood...
Happy Birthday to your daddy! Your sweet sentiments brought tears to my eyes...I guess because I know they're all true! I'm glad to know your dad, but most especially glad that he helped raise such an outstanding daughter and that I am privileged enough to call her "friend"! I love your blog! It is so fun! I really need you to teach me how to do it.
I also realize right should be written write...its that there Idaho edikashon coming through.
Chris - that happens to me all the time - I send an email and after it is sent I realize that I made a dumb mistake - I guess I can blame it on an Idaho edjakatshun too!
I believe I asked a question...
Brandon - sorry. Her name was Kristen Whitesides, now Garner and I don't think she ever went to Utah State. I think she went to Provo to Beauty School and they've been at Ricks, but she is like 10 years younger than you are. And welcome to my Blog! Nice to see ya.
Post a Comment