Friday, May 8, 2009

A quick trip to Idaho

My grandma passed away a couple of weeks ago.  While we are sad for all that we will miss of her, we rejoice in her reunion with my grandpa and her baby son on the other side.  I was grateful that I was far enough from my due date that I was able to go.  The trip was a good one - it is always fun to see everyone and catch up.  I was told that of the 80 (about) grandchildren and great-grandchildren, all but a few were able to be there.  She was so good and did so many things for us - even this last Christmas she gave all of us grandchildren a box of candy with homemade fudge in it - definitely a treasure.  Things I will never forget about her are her smile, her excitement at seeing or hearing from me, always telling us to stay out of trouble, her candy making, her giggle, her pranks and the attempts at teaching me her antics, her ability to make you feel that you are her favorite and did I mention her smile?  She will be missed but the memories she provided for me will be a gift that I will always have.

The girls were very anxious to get a flower from one of the arrangements to remember her.  My dad was so good to them and helped them get one.
I love having all of us siblings together.  The night before we left we went to Garibaldi's to eat, it ended up being a lot of us, so of course it was quite the experience.

We waited sooooooo long, just for them to take our order - they might have lost money on us from refills on drinks and all the chips we ate.  The kids really did quite well considering - Aaron took Wyatt for a drive to look around at the John Deere place and I sent Kailyn around playing the Ugly Face Game with my camera (thanks Kelli - or maybe it is all the Sorensen girls that play this game).  I think she got some great shots.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

What fun memories you have of your grandma. Isn't it so fun to think about the reunion she must have had? I think about that all the time with my mom, and I anticipate it for my grandma. She will be 93 this year and is quite ready to see my grandpa and her baby son again. Thank you for sharing your memories.

I LOVE the ugly face game...she got some really UGLY ones! I also love that Aaron was so good to take Wyatt to see the tractors. He's a great dad!

I'm glad you posted...I know you're busy and really pregnant...but I miss your posts. So thanks!

Shantel said...

I love the ugly face game. So glad I participated!!! Good to see you! Let me know if you guys ever head to the San Francisco area this summer.

Emily said...

You got some awesome ugly faces Kailyn. And I love your's and Ashley's cute short haircuts.

Terry and Cathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry and Cathryn said...

Such an awesome description of your grandmother--I think you might be a lot like her. I congratulate you as well on the video editing of your father with the ugly face game. As striking as he is, it must have taken you an incredible amount of time, cutting, pasting, and editing, to make him look like that. Amazing what computers can do!! Fun blog.

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

How funny! Can I be in your family? Well I kind of am but you know what I mean.

Dacia said...

I didn't know you were going to post the ugly faces, I am glad I didn't get my photo took but I LOVE seeing everyone else. YOU ARE THE BEST MOM!!!