Monday, April 23, 2007

Quick Trip

We made a quick trip to Utah this weekend and, of course, it was very fun. We were lucky enough to get Emily and Brandon to pick us up from the airport so we could go eat at Rodizio Grill. I thought it was great - being in the condition that I am in - I was able to eat a lot and not get full, very nice when eating there. Aaron, on the other hand, tried too many weird things (wild boar) and ate too much and got really full, I don't think he enjoyed it as much as I did. We went with Emily and Brandon to the Gateway Mall and had fun hanging out with them. We ate ice cream at Ben and Jerry's (phish food is sooooooo good) oh, and Brandon gave us a great tour of the Gateway's underground parking lot - thanks Brandon!

The whole purpose of the this trip was to go with Stacy through the temple for the first time. Of course it was amazing - the Salt Lake Temple is just neat to go to every once in a while. Stacy was beautiful and it was nice to have everyone there. I also had the special opportunity to help my Grandma get ready to sit in the celestial room and wait for us - a precious memory I am grateful to have.
The flowers there are always amazing and everytime I see them I think, "Man, I wish I could do this!"
Wyatt loved hanging out with aunts and uncles. . .










And thanks to Chantel for holding Wyatt while he cried/screamed for an hour - we really appreciate it!
Saturday night we went to Chris and Jodi's to hang out and play some games. We finally met Maryanne - Thayne is pretty lucky! It was fun to visit with them - Thayne cracks us up and he still twirls his hair.
We played Encore - well our version of it. We had some great performances by. . .

Chris. . .

Stacy and Mom. . .

Thayne and his debate that his song had not been used because it was in English before. . .

and Chantel and the swirly incident - what was the swirly incident anyway???

Overall it was a great trip and we have great memories - we loved getting home to see our girls (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen for helping us out), thanks Chris and Jodi for letting us crash there and thanks Grandma and Grandpa Garner for a great weekend!

15 comments:

Garn said...

Kim, I don't have sound at work, so I hope that wasn't too embarrasing for me. Need I remind you I have some video of you playing baseball when all of the sudden you need to go to the bathroom and you almost peed your pants. I have that, and I will use it, so be very careful in what videos of me you choose to put up here.

Anonymous said...

It was a really fun weekend. We are so glad you were there. Love your pictures!!!

Brandon said...

Since I am no longer posting to my blog (the comments section of Nettie's blog), I would ask someone to please pass a message to its evil curator:

1) The rockets were handed 21 more free-throws than the Jazz.
2) Yao Ming is a communist freak whose square neck was created in a Chinese test tube.
3) If it weren't for the NBA, Tracy Mcgrady wouldn't even have the motivtion to wait in line for his welfare check. Does anyone remember the seasons he sat out the last games of a season when his team was eliminated from the playoffs?
4) I guess I don't care where the $10 girft certificate goes, but since each song is 99 cents, you can only buy 10 songs with 10 cents left over. Rather than waste money, I will buy a gift certificate for $9.90

Garn said...

Brandon, As a formerly avid Jazz fan I have to say two things...

1) How can anyone watch the NBA..its just bad basketball.

2) The Jazz are done. They choke again.

Brandon said...

Garn (if that is your real name),

1) Bad basketball? Let me remind you that the NBA is the elite basketball stage in the entire world? Where else do you see that level of talent? Oh, I suppose you believe that the Rupert, ID 15th Ward somehow poses a higher skill level than an internationally-recruited team of professional athletes. Please.

2) You sir, are a traitor and should be hanged.

Go Jazz!

Garn said...

Nothing like seeing a superstar dribble down the court, jump into someone and shoot the ball for two shots. The ref's control way to much of the game. Its as bad as WWF. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm sure that you are thrilled that your blog posting about a nice little trip to see family has turned into a debate about basketball.

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon said...

What? Its as bas as the World Wildlife Federation? Now you are dragging helpless animals into this? Garn, Garn. Let's not fight about this. Come to Zion. We'll catch a game...

nettie said...

sounds like someone is just mad because his Jazz are losing...no one to blame but yourself--for putting so much faith in them.

and for the record, I totally agree with garn...nba is BAD BASKETBALL, and I dislike MOST of the players--especially, Scot Pollard.

Garn said...

Is Scott Pollard still in the league? WOW. Now, baseball is where it is out.

Brandon said...

So you are both going to make the irrational claim that players from around the world come here to participate in 'Bad Basketball'?

Maybe you should buy some season tickets to the Wheelchair Basketball League. I hear the talent level there is amazing. If that still doesn't satisfy your discriminating taste, there are some 10-year-olds in my neigborhood who get together on Saturday mornings to play HORSE and LIGHTNING. You'd love it. That is GREAT basketball.

Kim said...

I just want everyone to get along - we need to put our differences aside and embrace what we all enjoy - the food network, 24, ya know the safe things.

Garn said...

Well in an attempt not to Hijack Kim's comments, I invite all to my blog to continue this discussion. Brandon, if that is your real name ;) I have a little quiz for you over there.

Dacia said...

Thanks for making me cry on Mother's Day! I MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!! You guys are the funnest!