Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving started out with a perm at my sister-in-law's house. Ashley was so patient and it looks great on her.
I set a goal last Marchish to run a 5K at Thanksgiving, and surprisingly I did it! Aaron and about half of my family also ran it (someone needs to send me the group pic). This is before the race.
This is after. I have to admit that I was proud of myself for doing it, for those of you who are in shape and great exercisers this is probably nothing. My history of running was back in high school during cheerleading. I usually had a candy bar in one hand and would stop at every drinking fountain along the way when we ran inside. I was glad that no one was around as soon as I crossed the finish line cause it was kind of emotional for me, or maybe it was because I wanted to die - No, it really wasn't that bad and I plan on participating in more this year.
We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal.
During this hang out session, someone commented that there wasn't much communicating going on, but if you look close there is a lot of communication - just not with each other!
Thanksgiving was great!

7 comments:

nettie said...

way to go on the turkey trot! that's great. are you going to do the triathalon that kelli invited us all to do?

Kelli said...

yeah, are you? and nettie, are you?

it is so fun to do stuff like that with your husband, huh?

good job kim and aaron!

Emily said...

Hey, a surprize hidden post.

Way to go on the 5k. And funny observation about the communication thing

Mary said...

Kim, you are a rock star. Congratulations. 3 miles is long! That picture of everyone in front of a screen totally reminds me of my house during the holidays.

Nettie, don't let Kelli peer pressure you into running insane distances. She's very persuasive, but it all ends up badly. I nearly died running a 10K last year. ("Come on it'll be fun Mary!")

jamie k said...

i'm so impressed with the 5K!!! i'm so happy you posted it! i've been telling andy that we need to sign up for one because that is the only way i can get motivation to run. (kelli, no i'm not doing the tri).

love the perm shot. and i laughed out loud at the communicating comment. lol.

kim, you always have entertaining posts :)

jamie k said...

...and the pilgrim hats/ice cream cones on the tday table are cute.

and your parents have a comfortable living room - 3 recliners!!! impressive.

Brandon said...

You must have felt very safe and secure during Thanksgiving Dinner.