Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wyatt is 2

Today is Wyatt's birthday, so while I missed Halloween, I will catch up in a few days (hopefully).  All day he has been pretty excited - I practiced saying two with him and by the end of the night he could say it.  For his party we started with opening presents.  His first present he opened was a little loader, tractor and planter.  He was thrilled to get it.   He played with it at Walmart and all the way to the checkout stand so I knew he would like it when he opened it - to say the least he liked it.   That is all he did for the rest of the party.

He didn't want to open any more presents, so we hung out for a little while and then we let Ashley and Kailyn open one to hopefully get him excited about it - he gave the courtesy smile and watched and then. . .
He was back to his loader
Here is Kailyn showing him how fun his basketball hoop is
and here he is with his loader

We did break him away for the cake.  I borrowed a train cake pan from my friend Lisa.  This was my easiest cake ever and the girls helped me so it was done so fast and we had tons of fun decorating it (the picture wouldn't load, but the girls were really great decorators).
We gave him his piece of cake and he played around with it for about 2 seconds - I couldn't get a picture -  and then he said, "Done" and handed it back to me and enjoyed his ice cream.

and then back to his loader
and still playing with his loader at the end of the night - did I mention this was like $5 dollars at Walmart - If only we had known that was all that he wanted. . .




About Wyatt:
  • He loves the fridge.  He would stand at it all day if I would let him.  If we choose to pull him away, head bashing and crying follow. 
  • Head bashing and crying are a daily occurrence - actually a several times a day occurrence.
  • He loves to play with Geo Trax and his little people.
  • He loves to swing.
  • He loves, loves, loves to go with Grandpa.  One day Grandpa came to get Kailyn and when Wyatt realized he wasn't going we had to deal with head bashing and screaming for 15 minutes (mostly just screaming).
  • He loves to ride in the chopper or dump truck.  One day while we were out swinging he heard some kind of equipment across a field, a road and a canal.  In about 30 seconds (I had to put my book away inside) he had made it half way across the field so he could go for a ride.
  • He is not afraid of animals like the girls in the family.
  • For about 2 or 3 weeks he is finally learning to say sounds that sound like words - Grandma, Grandpa, more, cheese, drink, all gone, Dora, and I think there is more, I just can't think of them right now.

8 comments:

Brandon said...

Please elaborate on the 'Head Bashing'. I think I love where he is going with this...

nettie said...

happy birthday wyatt! i really can't believe he's two, and he still cracks me up.

i TOTALLY get the head bashing thing. Calvin bangs his head against everything (intentionally). the other day he walked over to the tile, bent down and started bashing his head against it. it's the most bizarre thing i have ever seen. and he does it the most when he is mad.

Emily said...

Wyatt, Happy Birthday! i love that train cake, it is so cute. It looks like it took you hours to decorate it.

jamie k said...

happy birthday wyatt!!! i can't believe he's already 2. i feel like i hardly know him...

the cake is awesome kim! nice job.

Terry and Cathryn said...

Wow, what fun, we are so wishing we were there for the birthday celebration. What a darling cake, I'll bet it was more work than you are admitting. You are very modest about things like that! The girls are such typical big sisters I love it!!!
Mom

Kelli said...

the love affair with toy tractors sounds similar to the one his dad had when he was little.

i want some of that cake...

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday, Wyatt! If only you'd known...

I want to borrow the train cake pan.

About this head-bashing thing...I don't think Jeron ever did that...but, Davis sure has it down! After throwing himself backward and on the floor a couple of times (head banging painfully), he now sits down with great flourish, then carefully lays the rest of his body down before throwing his fit. It's quite comical!

Brandon and Lisa Bird said...

Kim he is adorable. I enjoyed the "About Wyatt" section. Boys are so fun. Your cake turned out beautiful.